Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's Raining...but maybe the sun will come out!



Alas the sun has dawned itself on Berkeley, as students, faculty, staff and all the other mishmash make their way across campus. As I tried to make it through Sproul Plaza and underneath Sather Gate unscathed by fliers from who knows what club, the singing group of boys, the people too busy on their cell phones to pay attention where their next step is going, and the random people who you just don't want to go near, I began to ask myself the age old question: WHAT THE HELL ARE PEOPLE DOING WEARING UGGS AND MINISKIRTS???

I will admit, I have Uggs, and I even have a few short skirts. Both are nice. The former nice and fuzzy and great to put on when its chilly and the latter for nice warm summer days that never ever come to San Francisco. But I can honestly say that the two types of weather I just described, are totally different. And it is very rare that you have a nice summer day that requires nice warm and fuzzy boots. So why, I ask, do people insist on putting these two things together. Obviously it is a fashion statement, duhhhh!...but this is Berkeley, people here are supposed to be smart! Right!? Well Uggs and miniskirts together is not smart, it's ugly and weird, and totally five minutes ago! And a SoCal thing! So bizarre and I will never get it!

---

In other news, I have been doing great this season! Best placings yet and I feel great! Other than being dog tired all week, I feel great when I am on a bike! This past weekend I even podiumed, 3rd in the dual slalom. 4th in the downhill, 4th in the short track, and 10th in the cross country. I got a flat! Ick! This weekend we are dragging ourselves all the way north to Chico for a more than likely very wet race! But it'll be fun! Good college fun! Oh yeah, and we'll be cycling too!

And school is going well. Lots of work, but well. Other than hating 3 out 5 of my classes! Why do I have to finish poli sci!? Why? It's kind of like the Ugg miniskirt thing, I will never understand it!

But I am totally stoked, and I totally understand, the Halloween race! I can't wait. Costumes, beer, registration, barriers, maybe even some mud...it sounds fantastic! But for now I am off to office hours with my british reader from my medieval drama class, he should know this stuff, isn't it like in his blood or something! He's english right? Back soon...

No comments: