Monday, February 4, 2008

The Super Bowl...and Cultural Invigoration

So the Super Bowl!!! Can you believe what a great game that was?!! So awesome! It was like watching a college game, with heart, spirit, meaningfullness, all there on the field. Everyone I talked to has said the same thing: "Yeah, I was going to turn it on, see the start, and then flip to something else. But, then I got sucked in and watched the entire thing! It was great!" It was a great game!!! I bet those New Yorkers are happy right now. With sub zero weather and snow blasting them daily, they should have something to celebrate for. On a side note, did anyone else see the close up of the Giants' trainer who has been there since 1948. That's 60 years people! My god the guy must be ancient! Plus, you know someone's been living in upstate NY too long when their nose is permanantly purple from the weather!

On to the next part of my tale. Two words: Polish Club! Established 1926! (If I remember correctly) That was where I watched the Super Bowl this year. And it was a blast. A huge projection screen, bbq ribs, wings, and hot dogs, beer, chips, some crazy football fans, not to mention the fact you could walk around and hear polish being spoken. Someone mentioning Mother Teresa's role in the Super Bowl. Someone else screaming "COMMERCIALS" every time the game paused for money reasons. Scott chugging beers for absolutely no reason at all. I got called Vanna as I held a platter for wings to be put on. It was great.

Plus...when I awoke this morning from my sweet slumber, it was SUNNY! The deluge has ended. It has rained for 40 days and 40 nights, and finally the dove has returned with an olive branch my friends. I can not convey to you my happiness. Yeah, I know we Californians need all the water we can get, blah, blah, blah...but hey I can't be rained on any more. At least give me a week's peace!

So I am at work, and I should probably be doing some. So later fools! I don't have time for this stuff. Who am I kidding? Of course I have time for it! And on a final note! WHO'S READY FOR SOME BELLA CRAZINESS IN THE FORM OF A CYCLING BASH? I know I am! Until next time...stay classy San Frandiego!

No comments: