Monday, January 15, 2007

Friendly Cyclists???

I must be very spoiled...okay, well that might be the wrong phrase to start my blog with, since I know multiple people, including Kresten, Amy, and Dave, who call me "Princess." But what I mean is my introduction into cycling must have been a somewhat odd one, since I was around friendly, happy cyclists who wave to passing riders, cheer each other on, and mainly just want to have a good time. But now that cross and mountain seasons have temporaily passed, and the roadies have emerged, my friendly cyclist theory is waning! I wave to everyone I pass, or anyone on the other side of the road. I stop if someone looks like they are lost. I enjoy supporting others who are out on their bikes! But these roadies, with their heart rate monitors pumping, their eyes fixed on their milage trackers and time splits, their glasses on, and their bikes blazing past, do not seem to share my enthusiasm for friendly roadways! NOW LET ME SAY: I do know many, many roadies and cyclists who are not liek this and I do not mean to offend you...at all! But sometimes these others ruin it. So my rant this morning is make sure you tell all of your friends to wave and smile and support everyone on their bikes! And do not worry I will always continue to wave and say hello because that's me, what can I say, I am a pretty happy person.

----

Right now I'm up because I can't sleep! I think it's because I am nervous about flying and leaving for Rome. I am getting packed and only about 27 hours before I leave for the airport! Hope everyone had a great weekend with some warm rides, cause it was freezing here! I'll share everything once I get to Rome!

2 comments:

marscat said...

i like to call out "hello, how are you?" when they ride by all snooty-like.


anyhow, have fun in Rome...you must go to the Trastevera section...so beautiful, but then Rome is just freaking beautiful.

X Bunny said...

i try to say hi most of the time

saturday, i waved hi once in 73.4 miles